Module 1: what is social work?
Write an in-depth response to each of the prompts numbered below. Number your response with the question. Each response needs to be at least four sentences in length. Refer to “Writing Rubric” (in the Getting Started Module and the syllabus) for content and grammar guidelines. If you research information outside of the textbook, document your reference after the cited information. Save your work in a Word (.doc or .docx) file, name the file with your first and last name, and the module number. For example, “elliot_brown_module1”. Then, upload your file into the dropbox folder.
After reading Chapter 1 and watching the videos located under the Activities module, respond to the prompts listed below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Define and explain the strengths perspective and person in environment perspective and how it applies to a client.
- Watch the lecture video entitled “Systems Theory Explained”. Explain the micro, mezzo, and macro levels of social work and identify who the client would be in each level.
- Go to the Resource section and click on the link for NASW Code of Ethics. Read through the list of ethics. From the textbook, list the 6 core values and ethical principles from the NASW for social work and briefly highlight how these are shown in work with clients.
- Go to Readings and click on the link for Becoming a Social Worker. Read the information about social work an then share at least three specific things you learned that is involved with the profession.
- Take the self assessment on page 31. Compare what traits you have to be a social worker to the listing in the textbook and identify your strengths and weaknesses for the profession.
- Watch the video entitled “This Could Be You: The Many Faces of Social Work”, and the video “On Any Given Day, Social Worker Help”. You need to summarize the key points stated in the video about being a social worker. Identify what skills are necessary for this profession?