submit a 2500 words paper on the topic ARM Intel and the Microprocessor Industry in 2014.
Hi, need to submit a 2500 words paper on the topic ARM Intel and the Microprocessor Industry in 2014. 40% of semiconductors are classified as microprocessors that have the circuit needed for computers. The remaining 60% is used for simple processors that have specific use such as the greeting cards. Even if they are less flexible they cannot be programmed once they have been installed (Grant & Jordan, 2012, P 15). Their shares of microprocessors have been increasing and it passed 50% in the year 2010. Microprocessors are manufactured through a complex process.
The leading player is the US giant Intel that produced processors through its own architecture of x86. Their processors were used in the growing segments such as manufacturing of smartphones and tablets. This increased their sales from 12% in 2010 to 22% in 2012. They also became dominants by manufacturing gadgets at low cost and chrome book that was introduced by Google. The key selling strategy of ARM was through designing gadgets that consumed little energy. This was an important aspect of gadgets that needed to utilize energy that has limited battery capacity. This strategy seemed to be a good factor for some years to come. However, the emission of low battery car was being improved.
Commenters had begun to take an interest in the rivalry between Intel and ARM. These were different companies with different business models. And because of this neither of the two companies was justified to continue with the spoils with the way they have been doing. The final challenge is expected in network servers where ARM chips were being displayed. There are many processors in servers that are tightly fixed together, thus become a major challenge to keep them cool for long. Low energy chips consume low energy while operating thus cutting down costs. In the .past, many companies bought their servers from a few large companies (Grant & Jordan, 2012, P 45). To ensure that business succeeds in the market a company had to buy servers from companies with a reputation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now