Watch the Jim Crow Museum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf7jAF2Tk40
- Citing an explicit example from the Jim Crow Museum clip, how was white supremacy an active construction in society, created through a structural level process?
- Citing an explicit example from the Jim Crow Museum clip, how was white supremacy an active construction in society, created through a cultural level process?
- Citing an explicit example from the Jim Crow Museum clip, how was white supremacy an active construction in society, created through an interactional level process?
- Why is the propensity of folks to say “All Lives Matter” a cultural level race process? What part of American culture does it draw from?
- Explain what a symbolic interactionist would say about the interactional effects of racial microaggression on an individual. How is the concept of ‘looking glass self’ connected?
- How is Tim Wise’s argument about guilt vs responsibility an argument about race at the structural and institutional level?
Summaries: (50 words or more each answer) (which is a paragraph)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1.1 Describe how family gender socializes us
1.2 Describe how peer influences gender socialize us
1.3 Describe how the media gender socialize us
1.4 Describe how schools gender socialize us
1.5 Describe the concept of “doing gender” as performance
Sociological Discussion Questions: (50 words or more for each answer)
- 1. Describe and reflect on the structural factors for the gender wage gap. Now describe and reflect on the gendered socialized traits based on cultural ideas about femininity in women that contribute to the gender wage gap.
- Describe and reflect on the argument sociologists of gender make about the construction of masculinity in our society.